Friday, June 8, 2012

Strawberry Limeade Popsicles!


Strawberry Limeade Popsicles!

I had this amazing idea this morning. I realized that I had a WHOLE bag of limes in my fridge...untouched! So I thought that a wonderful treat would be "Strawberry Limeade Popsicles".  A healthier version of course! 



You will need
Frozen Strawberries (about a cup)
Agave Nectar (1/8 cup)
Lime juice (1/2 Cup)
Seltzer Water (4 oz)
*Not pictured* Crushed Pineapple IN JUICE (about 4-8 oz depending on sweetness of strawberries)


First, take the limes and roll them between your palm and cutting board. This releases more juice.



Using a serrated knife, cut off both ends of the lime.



Still using the serrated knife, go around the lime. Trust me, a serrated knife will be your friend. Limes have pretty thick skin.



You want the limes to look like this.





Juice them.
*Just a note, you could use a citrus press juicer, or probably boughten pre-made lime juice. I had limes to use up and the point of this was to make it as natural as possible*



Add Frozen Strawberries, lime juice, and...



Agave nectar...



And Pineapple and blend.



STIR in the seltzer water. If you blend it the fantastic bubbles will go flat. You could use any kind of pop if desired. I was going for a healthy option.



Pour into popsicle molds and ENJOY!

If you are thinking "Oh my word that looks like SO much work!", no need to fear. The Strawberries are already done, you can use pre made lime juice, and pop instead of seltzer water and get the same effect! Also, if you want more sweetness, go ahead and add sugar or more agave if you desire. I like mine a bit tart!

Also, I made MORE than enough for 8 popsicle molds! I probably made enough for 24! No problem! I poured it into a Ziplock bag and will use it again when these run out...and run out they will. They are fantastic.  


No comments:

Post a Comment