You will need:
- A LARGE Crock Pot!
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots (or 3 medium carrots), chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 15 oz. can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1, 15 oz can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 large cans diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic (it's out there people)
- 1 box vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons, beef base
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
First off, wash ALL of your veggies. All of the ones I got were covered in a waxy residue to keep the produce from spoiling. Next chop up the squashes, carrots, celery, onion, and pepper. Put it all in the crock pot. Drain and rinse the beans, and put those, along with garlic and remaining ingredients in the crock pot.
Set on high for 6-7 hours.
*You may notice the green beans in the soup. It is what the recipe called for, although I didn't quite care for the texture in the soup. Also, this soup is so good, you could probably just add and omit whatever vegetables you like. Happy eating!
FYI, this soup is super healthy!